Llena
Ahorita estoy muy llena (right now I am really full). I just got done eating dinner and it´s about nine thirty. A little different time for meals? Coming from the Kelleher house I´m used to late dinners from all the crazy sports schedules but try having dinner, the night before last, at eleven. Now that is a bit different, even for me. But it´s fun, I enjoy all the little differences.
Friday was tranquilo, I didn´t really do a whole lot. The highlight of my day was watching Daddy Daycare in Spanish. I did however find out that Steve Irwin, the Croc Hunter passed away and was extremely shocked - how sad... He is extremely popular all over and so today on Animal Planet (yes we get Animal Planet along with a lot of other channels from back home) they paid tribute to him with shows all day long about his life, his work, family etc. How tragic, what a great guy he was. All the money he got from his work he put towards saving animals, buy land for them, etc.
Saturday I went out with Lucía to a disco called Kibosh (sp?). My friend´s friend rented it out so for the ladies it was gratis (free) until eleven so that was pretty sweet. It was fun dancing, the place was packed. A rebound (past rotary exchange student) that went to AZ was there that I had met at a restaurant and tried to teach me how to Salsa a bit more-I don´t exactly have the best rhythm but it was extremely fun nonetheless. Lucía´s friends are all really cool and so I enjoy hanging out with them a lot.
Haha my morning was hilarious. I went to El Inter with my mom and sis to work out and while I was running my mom hunted me down and told me they had the salsa classes I´d been wanting to take. We went and signed up for Danza Latino and then went to check it out cause there was a class going on. My mom decided that we needed to test it out and so she went in with me, haha it was blast. The instructor of this particular class was a bit fruity but boy could he move. The whole class was made up of women, me being the youngest and all of us are trying to mimic this guy in bright blue spankies and spandex tanktop shake it. How it works he puts on a song and might show us a step but then he just goes right at it and everyone just trys to follow. There was much laughter, it was great. Hopefully after this next month of classes six days week I will have a better idea how to dance and will feel a little less awkward but if not, I still have the whole year to enjoy the craziness. Oh and prior to the disco and dinner (haha) my fam and I went out to a little café for torta and helado (cake and ice cream). Here is it really common to go to a café and have one of the many, extremely tasty, kinds of cakes, often with ice cream.
This morning there was a breakfast for the intercambistas (exchangers) and the Rotex members (those that have already been on exchange aka rebounds) at a little café owned by one of my friends sis and bro that was right next to La Católica (where I go to school). I was a lot of fun because I got to meet a bunch of the other exchangers. They have a couple Rotary clubs and it just so happens that I am the only exchanger in mine. Kevin (Canada) is the only exchanger in his too -haha and the Rotary memebers in his club are all mujers (women) so he gets to be the only spoiled guy. They told him that they are not his tías (aunties) but rather his hermanas (sisters) - I thought that was kind of cute. But yeah, the club of Yanahuara has all the exchange students, 25, and so I´m glad I finally got to meet some of them. After breakfast I caught a combi home, had lunch with the fam and ended up passing out on the couch in front of the tv while watching the tribute to Steve. Not much else has happened since then. Miss you all! Hugs! Oh and Scott and Dallas, the video is great, I can´t believe you went and saw Nana in Ellensburg, that made me laugh, you guys are awesome and I can´t wait to see what else the rest of the year has got. Thank you :)
Your Peruvian tidbit for the day:
They have crazy kinds of helado (ice cream) here that are delicious. Fruit flavors like lucuma, chirimoya and maracuya (my favorite) are soo good.
Qué más?
Having a meat and cheese sandwich for breakfast is completely normal. At first it didn´t sound to great but my appetite has definitley changed because right now it sounds amazing.
And finally...
the paper they use in class not the ruled lined paper like were used to but instead they use graph paper...it´s nice, I kind of like it.
Chau chau!

2 Comments:
Your mom sounds so cool, hunting you down so you could dance. parece que te estas divirtiendo muchisimo. tengo una pregunta, if somebody from yakima wants to do be an exchange student, who should they contact? one of my friends from church wants to be an exchange student, so i told her i would ask you.
well, sigue divirtiendote y estudiando, y cuidate
chao
10:06 AM
Hmm what school does she go to? Right before they have the first meeting to explain stuff they post a flyer at the high schools. What she can also do though is get in touch with a Rotary club and ask for the person in charge of exchange. Yakima Sunrise is the Rotary club I am with but there are a few. www.rotary.org is a website that has more about RYE too. And I love getting your comments Jess, thanks! Take care bud, hope all is well!
8:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home