Almost two weeks!
Well, it has almost been to weeks now that I have been here. I don´t know about you guys but these last 13 days have gone by really fast. Not much else has happened since my last post. I finally have all the stuff I need to start school on Monday. I´ve been to the University three times now and it is pretty sweet, I think I´ll enjoy it. Yesterday was my bro´s birthday, I´m pretty sure he is 27. For my pre-lunch today I had some fabulous chocolate carmely cake.
Today every muscle in my body is sore. Yesterday I thought it was a good idea to do sprints, you know, get back into shape. It would have been fine except I didn´t stop there, I did some conditioning, some yoga and then went back to El Inter later that night with my Mom and topped everything off with some Tai Bo. It was fun, but definitley not the smartest thing I have ever done.
What else...
The other night I was sitting at the dinner table with my mom and she started asking me how to say things in English like "we have eaten, he ate, etc". It was so weird being on the other side of things, normally it´s me asking for help with the Spanish. She then said that I spoke very fast and beautifully, which I was doing neither of the two. Does English seem beautiful to anyone that is reading this? I would have to disagree with her. Then I just got off the phone with someone and they didn´t even recognize my voice, I had to tell them who it was which was pretty funny because we have had many a phone conversations. It may have been the long distance connection but it also made me realize it was the first clear, fast spoken English that I have had with someone in over a week. Maybe I do sound different? Who knows? Oh and I´m dropping a hint too that you guys can feel free to call me sometime...family, friends...you don´t have to though, I was just letting you know :)
Speaking of language though, I think my Spanish might be getting better. I noticed that I´ve been having longer conversations with people. Jaja, I feel bad because they have to be super patient anytime I want to say anything cause I have to go from Spanish, to English and then back again - can´t wait until the language just flows.
Alrighty all, sorry that wasn´t very interesting. I´m gonna run. Love you all and hope you are having a fabulous weekend!

4 Comments:
Weird I thought I was leaving you comments but apprantly I was leaving you e-mails? so the last two e-mails were suppose to be comments! hahha
11:02 PM
oh that anonymous was your tocaya! hahha
11:02 PM
at least you get to exercise...I'm not allowed to go out running, as my exercise clothes would give all the grannies a heart attack and I'd probably end up with a posse of Indian men chasing me! I agree, English has to be one of the most un-lovely languages ever.
10:50 PM
Take it from me, when you do not know english and you hear people speaking it, it sounds awesome. Cuando era una niña aprendiendo a hablar Ingles, a mi me encantaba oir conversaciones en Ingles porque se escuchaban muy bonitas y sofisticadas. anyways, your spanish while you were here was even better than that of some of the mexicans in yakima, no joke. You're probably dropping your white girl accent pretty fast.
well, take care, eat your broccoli and have fun amiga
8:02 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home