FRANCE

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Pizza

Yummm...my mom made pizza today and it was delicious. Peruvian pizza is a bit different than that in the states. I haven´t had any at a restaurant yet but the homemade kind today had pollo, tocino, champiñones, acetunas, tomates and a bunch of different kind of peppers(chicken, bacon, mushrooms, purple olives). Breakfast was fun too, had a fun conversation with my mom and then later on with my little sis. Still not thinking in Spanish though. Grr. Believe me there will be a big post when I do. Other than that I have pretty much slept all day. I woke up a bit ago and am waiting to eat again...jaja tough Sunday huh?

Last night was fun. It was Kevin´s (Canada) one month and I was invited to his house for a dinner that he made and for torta chocolate that was made for him. There were ten people there -family, two rotarians (one from my club and one from his) and then our friend Siu (past ex. to Canada) too. Kev made pasta and greek salad so we had a little Italiano with...I don´t know the word...Griego? I think that´s Greek? Anyways, it was really good along with the cake. The table talk was a lot of fun-the rotarian from my club is a pretty funny guy and then they made several toasts to Kevin and I which was really sweet too. After dinner Kevin, Siu and I took off for her house-she lives really close to Kev. We weren´t planning to stay for long but we ended up popping in a Salsa cd the people she lives with and her tried to teach Kevin and I how to dance. Gah. So hard. Jaja I can´t move my hips and feet at the same time. It just doesn´t work...
Anyways I got to run, I think it´s time for dinner.
Love and miss you all!
Wow so my mom just came in and told me she just heard on the radio that this guy from Brazil just got completely robbed. Everything he had: passport, money, suitcase...poor guy. She said it´s sad because it makes people not want to come to Arequipa when there hear stuff like that. I told her though that there are bad people everywhere and it happens in other places too. Qué pena ¿no?
And just in case you guys are wondering I have never felt unsafe or scared or anything. Arequipa for the most part is a realy wonderful place.


1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

yummy, pizza! well, back home the fair is approaching, and because i work at a day care, i'll be working snyder's day, yay, extra hours! well, puedo ver que tu espanol mejora cada vez, felicidades!

espero que siguas bien y que te siguas divirtiendo.

hasta luego

10:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home