Still in Yakima!
A lot has happened since I last posted. As of Wednesday I am now a whole year older! I had a fun birthday after a nice long day at work. On Sunday I heard from my host mom for the first time which definitely made my day. Right now she is in Sweden visiting my oldest host sister who lives there who just had her first baby so my mom is now a grandmother. She is going to get back to Arequipa on the fifteenth so it will probably be after I arrive but she said I'll be fine with my host dad and sisters/brother. Colleen made it safely to India where she sounds like she is having a blast and eating lots of good Indian food without me. (Miss you Colleen) She, unlike me also has a school (my problem as of this week). Right now I am waiting for my visa so I can get my plane ticket and my visa is waiting on my school in Peru. I've written several emails to the Rotary club president in Peru - in Spanish :) - and they are switching my schools and so it is causing some problems with my visa but no worries cause it is getting taken care of and my new school sounds pretty cool. I'll write more about later but I'll be with kids around my age (in Peru I think 17 is about the age they get done from high school) so it'll be more like a university I think where they are studying something specific -I think my school is for accounting and some other business related stuff, I'm not sure though. Right now I'm hoping to find out when I leave sometime this next week since I am supposed to be leaving within like two! Hope everyone is having a good summer! I'm off to go run errands!

1 Comments:
I will also follow your blog religiously. Keep me updated. and your profile picture looks nothing like you. Santa mierda!
1:24 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home